Colorful…cozy…unique…and multi-functional! What’s not to love?? I can’t believe it wasn’t until my 43rd birthday that I became aware of what a kantha quilt is. When my dear friend Tiffany gave me one (and a friend celebrating a birthday at the same time), it was instant love. I was happy to learn that women in India stitch together a kantha quilt using old saris and scraps of cloth and turn them into bright, colorful works of art. You know me–I love anything colorful! The typical size would fit a twin bed so they’re perfect for so many uses.
They’re “the official blanket of the Big, Simple Life!”
I’m so excited to have an assortment of them in my Big, Simple Life Shop! My aforementioned friend Tiffany packages them up so cute, ready for gift giving. I also keep a couple out so you can see them.
Every woman needs a few blankets or quilts in her life!
Here are 20 ways to use a kantha quilt:
- Cover a bed (ha!)
- Spread it out for a picnic (leave one in your vehicle just in case)
- Use it as a table cloth
- Hang it on the wall
- Leave a few outside for chilly mornings and evenings
- Toss one over a hammock
- Re-purpose it into pillows or floor cushions
- Frame sections into wall art
- Use them to make Christmas stockings
- Turn it into a cape or jacket
- Spread it over a couch
- Re-purpose it into a stuffed animal
- Use it for a beach blanket and use thinner ones as a cover-up
- Add a stack to a shelf or armoire for charm and color
- Use it as backing for a framed memo board
- Re-purpose it into a fabric tote bag or purse
- Add clips to turn it into a curtain or room divider
- Have one just for babies to play on
- Use it as a rug in a teepee or when glamping
- Treat it like a yoga mat
Kantha quilts, because of their unique design and their colorful nature, are also great re-purposed for
wine holder bags
floor cushions or poofs
Kantha quilts are available in my Big, Simple Life shop! Contact me if you’re interested in shipping. Check HERE for details.