I want this to be me: Proverbs 31:26 “She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.”
We don’t teach our children to be “nice”…we teach them to be kind. In word and action! This is something I talked with our life group ladies about recently and we’ve been hitting hard with the boys.
Think before you speak!
- Is is True?
- Is it Helpful?
- Is it Inspiring?
- Is it Necessary?
- Is it Kind?
And of course we also need to also THINK before we comment, text, post or hit publish.
Here are some of my favorite scriptures about the words we speak:
- Proverbs 17:11 says “Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent.” I know I often look a lot smarter with my mouth closed than open!
- Proverbs 18:21 says “Death and life are in the power of the tongue.” We can speak life over people…or death. Choose life! Speaking of life…
- Proverbs 15:4 says “A wholesome tongue is a tree of life.”
- Ephesian 4:29 says “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.” Only speak what builds people UP to their benefit.
- Proverbs 12:18 says “Some people make cutting remarks, but the words of the wise bring healing.” I want my words to heal!
Longer, meaty passages to peruse:
I created these and you can print them yourself!
6.5″ x 4″ color (without my name): download here
Black only PDF to print four to a page: download here