It’s summer time! Instead of telling you to take some time off this summer, I’m here to remind you about
the power of blogging.
Whether you’re an entrepreneur, an aspiring author, a crafter or anyone else with a dream you’re working toward, summer is an excellent time to elevate your image and expand your influence. Wondering how?
I can summarize it in one word: BLOGGING.
Blogging just means using your blog on a regular basis to interact with your target market.
Some people have a freestanding blog while others use a blog attached to their company or business website.
Which one are you?
- Your website has a blog tab and you’re not using it.
- You’ve been thinking about starting a blog but you can’t seem to pull the trigger.
- You started a blog but it has fallen silent.
- You see people within your industry blogging with great success but it seems too overwhelming for you to try it.
- You’re trying to find ways to built your platform and establish yourself as an expert but your social media sites just aren’t cutting it anymore.
If you really want to know if you should be a blogger, take my quiz!
Blogging is an incredibly powerful tool for “putting yourself out there.”
A blog can help you…
- find and explore your voice
- showcase your expertise
- answer your clients’ most frequently asked questions
- post responses to stories and articles in the news
- post pictures of your work
- keep people on your website longer
- increase your search engine rankings
- help people find you online
Blogs also allow you to…
- post links to events
- feature your colleagues and cohorts
- sell products and services
- and so much more!
You can even imbed a Pinterest board right into a blog post, just like this! (check out this board, it’s full of great information!)
Also, if you just can’t seem to embrace social media…
[tweetthis]A blog is the best way to give you something to talk about on your social media platforms. [/tweetthis]
Obviously I’m passionate about the power of blogging.
I started out as a “mommy blogger” back in 2007 and have maintained dozens of blogs ever since. I’ve also written hundreds of blog posts for other people and for myself, taught many classes and workshops on blogging and have assisted some of my favorite clients with starting or making over their blogs. Blogs are my absolute favorite marketing activity.
The best part about blogging, in my opinion, is that a blog keeps you accountable.
When you commit to posting to your blog–whether daily or monthly–you have to do something or say something worth blogging about.
A blog is a great motivator to complete that next project, to finish that article you’ve been working on or to host that event. I committed to blogging twice a week on 2015 and the consistency has given my business a major boost, mainly because it’s caused me to think about and write about what means the most to me…and that attracts a lot of attention!
People look at successful bloggers and think, “Wow, they’re doing so much. I don’t have that much to blog about!” Tell yourself that they’re DOING THOSE THINGS to put them on their blogs! And you can do it, too.
[tweetthis]If you want to exert a little pressure on yourself for the next few months, start a blog. [/tweetthis]
If you’re already doing a lot of neat stuff, a blog is a great way to let people know about it! If you’re not…it’s a great reason to start!
Need help with a blog strategy? Schedule a Strategy Tea here!