The “Put on love” concept has been on my mind for a long time and I believe this is where God is leading me to take it.
I originally wrote about it here.
As of July 2020, however, I have felt a shift in a new direction.
It came about when I was considering a few things.
- I’ve always dreamed of owning/running a boutique and/or collaborative work space/event venue
- I love retail, marketing, merchandising and supporting local artists and makers
- I’ve long wanted to help women in transition (between jobs/careers, experiencing a change in relationship status, during or after a major health challenge, etc.) or any worthy woman (thus any woman) by offering Color Analysis, shopping and styling services at a consignment or thrift store, showing her how to shop and helping her build her wardrobe
- I have several non-profits I’d love to support more, including one my husband and I have in mind for pastors and ministry leaders
- My namesake in the Bible was known for her charitable giving and sewing for the poor–I recently wrote about it here
- I feel that God placed the idea of “Put On Love” on my heart as a ministry concept
Add to that my childhood best friend telling me about this in my hometown: Hope’s Closet. I love this!
It’s our promise to glorify God by providing affordable donated and new merchandise in a dignified retail setting that allows us to disciple people, fund community transformation programs and support our ministry partners.
Thus “Put On Love Boutique” was born! I envision a beautiful shopping space that also has space for events and where women can shop, gather, learn and collaborate. The proceeds would go back to women in the community. I could even offer classes, workshops and mentoring opportunities. I can see having so much fun with this project and it having a huge impact! I’ll update here as I take steps in this direction.
- Right now I have a Big, Simple Life booth in an antique mall in Chandler, AZ you can shop from. Check it out on Instagram here. Read more here.
- Any time you make a purchase from me, a portion of the proceeds goes back to Put On Love. This includes my jBloom website and any Maskcara makeup purchase.
- Join the Put On Love Boutique Facebook group to give feedback on the concept and business plan as things move forward. Maybe you know of community connections or a space, too!
- Nominate a woman you know for a complimentary Color Analysis and shopping trip using the form below.
I know if God is leading us in this direction, He will open doors and provide connections. I hope you’re a part of the story!
If you’d like to donate hair, makeup or nail services (or any health, beauty, clothing, accessories, etc. items for our recipients) please let me know.
~~~NEW~~~ Nominate a deserving woman!
Put On Love Nomination Form 2020