My mom was wearing Mary Kay when she was pregnant with me and her aunt sold it to her then I attended several Mary Kay parties growing up and had a mentor in high school who was a consultant and I always loved it. From about 2011 to 2016 I was a consultant, then an Advanced Color Consultant, then took a break when Kate was born but now I’m back so I wanted to share my Mary Kay daily makeup routine!
Before we even talk about makeup, let me stress the importance of clean, healthy skin.
In my opinion, Mary Kay combines the best of nature and the best of science to offer products that keep the skin balanced, youthful and happy. I’ve never used anything that worked better. Part of the magic is using products that are ALL FROM THE SAME LINE. Whatever your favorite skin care products are, using one line means that the products will be more effective and won’t cause any reactions.
Here’s my daily skin care routine.
1. TimeWise® Age Minimize 3D® 4-in-1 Cleanser every morning and night.
2. TimeWise® Age Minimize 3D® Day Cream SPF 30 Broad Spectrum Sunscreen in the morning and the TimeWise® Age Minimize 3D® Night Cream at night + TimeWise® Age Minimize 3D® Eye Cream.
I also love the in Normal/Dry TimeWise® Age-Fighting Moisturizer they just brought back by popular demand! It just feels good!
3. My Mary Kay foundation primer has changed my life. It helps my foundation go on smoothly and last all day plus it protects my skin from the sun and the elements.
FOUNDATION AND CONCEALER
4. TimeWise 3D Foundation goes on first to give me a smooth and youthful look. Even if you think you don’t like liquid foundation, this one feels like you have nothing on and keeps your skin balanced. Plus it looks gorgeous in photos! This one is my color but there are many options for neutral, warm and cool tones in ivory, beige and bronze colors.
I apply it with my fingers in quadrants: right cheek and down to the jaw line; left cheek and down to the jaw line; nose, upper lip and chin; forehead and temples. BLEND. You can also use the blending brush if you prefer.
5. I then add concealer to my under-eye area and the corners of my eyes to cover dark circles. I just use my fingers.
If you have any breakouts or age spots, you can go back over them with more concealer.
I then blend with a damp blending sponge.
I find that with Mary Kay skin care and foundation I hardly need powder but when I do I like the translucent loose powder.
6. Light Beam Liquid Eye Shadow evens out my eye lids AND serves as an eyeshadow primer. You could wear this and nothing else for a lovely look! It even has a bit of shimmer.
7. Next is one or two eye shadows in shades that complement my coloring and coordinate with whatever I’m wearing that day. My go-to colors are Crystalline all over then accented with Granite for cool days and Burnished Bronze for warm days. I use a crease brush right along my natural crease for ease of application. Of course you can play with two or three colors together for even more drama!
8. A little eyeliner in brown or black helps define the eyes. You can smudge it with your finger, or a cotton swab if you wish.
Use a small brush to sweep away any excess shadow that has fallen onto your cheeks. Then…
BROWS & MASCARA
9. A brow liner helps fill in your eyebrows and frame your eyes. Choose a shade to coordinate with your hair.
11. Blush brightens you up and helps accentuate your cheekbones. A wonderful shade for everyone is Shy. Otherwise go darker or lighter depending on your skin tone. Don’t be afraid of a little color on your cheeks. It’s youthful!
And that’s my Mary Kay daily makeup routine!
Every woman needs an everyday makeup look and a special occasion makeup look. If you don’t, I’d love to help you with a MakeUpdate!
Also check out my makeup Pinterest board!
Let me know if you have questions or would like to sample any products. (602) 349-1129