I credit terrible skin and taking modeling classes with my BFF at the age of 13 for my 24 years of experience wearing and loving makeup. I’ve tried a lot of products over the years and now I wear nothing but Mary Kay. So I wanted to share my
Mary Kay daily makeup routine!
Before we even talk about makeup, let me stress the importance of clean, healthy skin.
In my opinion, Mary Kay combines the best of nature and the best of science to offer products that keep the skin balanced, youthful and happy. I’ve never used anything that worked better. Part of the magic is using products that are ALL FROM THE SAME LINE. Whatever your favorite skin care products are, using one line means that the products will be more effective and won’t cause any reactions.
Make sure to read My daily skin care routine post…you’ll be surprised at how simple it is!
Here’s my routine.
1. The Timewise 3-in-1 cleanser cleans, freshens AND exfoliates. I apply it dry, then rinse it off in the shower.
2. I use the Timewise Age-Fighting Moisturizer every morning.
3. My Mary Kay Foundation Primer SPF 15 has changed my life. It helps my foundation go on smoothly and last all day plus it protects my skin from the sun and the elements.
Here’s my biggest makeup secret…
I apply my eye makeup BEFORE foundation.
This is to avoid getting flakes of color in my makeup. I’ve made it a habit and now I love it.
So first I apply
4. Mary Kay concealer to my under-eye area and the corners of my eyes to cover dark circles. I just use my fingers.
5. Cream Eye Shadow in Beach Blonde evens out my eye lids AND serves as an eyeshadow primer. I love this product! Again, I use my fingers to apply. You could wear this and nothing else for a lovely look! It even has a bit of shimmer.
6. Next is one or two Mineral Eye Colors in shades that complement my coloring and coordinated with whatever I’m wearing that day. My go-to colors are Granite for cool days and Chocolate Kiss for warm days. I use a basic eyeshadow brush right along my natural crease for ease of application.
7. A little Eyeliner in brown or black helps define the eyes. You can smudge it with your finger or a cotton swab if you wish.
Use a small brush to sweep away any excess shadow that has fallen onto your cheeks. Then…
FOUNDATION & POWDER
8. Liquid Foundation gives me a smooth and youthful look. Even if you think you don’t like liquid foundation, this one feels like you have nothing on and keeps your skin balanced.
I apply it with my fingers in quadrants: right cheek and down to the jaw line; left cheek and down to the jaw line; nose, upper lip and chin; forehead and temples. BLEND.
If you have any breakouts or age spots, you can go back over them with more concealer.
And believe it or not, since wearing Mary Kay foundation, I’ve stopped using powder. The foundation keeps my skin balanced so I just don’t need it anymore. If you do require powder, there are many powders to choose from or you can try Oil-Absorbing Tissues to blot away shine.
BROWS & MASCARA
9. This Brow Liner in Blonde helps me fill in my eye brows and would work for almost any coloring.
10. I keep my brows in place with Brow Gel. It’s like hair spray for your brows!
And that’s my Mary Kay daily makeup routine!
You can watch me apply the brow gel, mascara, blush and lipstick in my newest Youtube video!
At the end of the day, I make sure to take good care of my skin so I use Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover to take my eye makeup off then the Timewise 3-in-1 cleanser (with a wet washcloth) and Timewise Age-Fighting Moisturizer again before bed.
I have my favorite colors but I also have an everyday look that I use on busy days when I don’t want to think about my makeup.
If you don’t already have an everyday makeup routine that you love, I’d be thrilled to help you create one.
I can also help you with special occasion looks or makeup for having your picture taken.
For example, this is the “Office Oasis” makeup look created by the Mary Kay makeup artist team pictured below. Get the details here.
I have a slew of makeup and skin care samples on hand and can ship them anywhere! Just let me know what you want to try. I call it my…
Also check out my Pinterest boards!
Here is my Mary Kay website. Let me know if you have questions or would like to sample any products! (602) 349-1129