The experts say every wardrobe needs a LBD, a Little Black Dress. I’ve got news for ya…not everyone looks their best in black and other colors can be just as versatile and possibly even MORE flattering! Yup, your LBD doesn’t have to be black.
Why is the Little Black Dress such a wardrobe necessity?
- It’s easy to throw on when you need a quick and easy way to look pulled together.
- It can be dressed up (pearls, heels, pashmina) or dressed down (denim jacket, sneakers).
- It’s a classic look for any age, season or occasion.
- You invest once and it pays off over and over again.
I’m making the case for the idea that the LBD could also be a Little Brown Dress or a Little Blue Dress.
You tell me–which color do you prefer on yours truly??
Many Color Codes shine in navy, royal blue or shades of brown. A black dress would overpower them or wash them out.
My Warm Color Code ladies look particularly lovely in brown!
Shades of brown are also great for Deeps…
While black is a classy, timeless color, it’s also a bit…expected. Stand out in a sea of gray, black and white and wear blue or brown!
Blue and brown are just as sophisticated AND can be
- more flattering to your skin tone
- easier to accessorize
- an attention-grabber
Here are a few things to look for in your LBD of whatever color:
- a fabric that can be worn for multiple seasons
- a flattering cut
- a versatile style that can be worn for a formal occasion as easily as for a lunch date
- timeless style
- that works with the shoes and accessories already in your wardrobe
Which color would you be most likely to wear?
Winnie mbithi says
Love love your blog. What I’ve always wanted to do. Looking forward to learning and learning some more.
Really like the brown dress from Chadwicks, but can’t find it in the catalogue. Is it still available. Thank you
Tabitha Dumas says
Aaaww, I’m sorry you couldn’t find it! I don’t know if they’re even in business anymore 🙁 I’m in the process of updating the site with new images!