It’s something I preach often…
a smooth morning starts the night before.
I’m not a morning person so I have to take as much of the guesswork out of my mornings as possible. Maybe you can incorporate something new to ease you into your day, too.
Tab’s Tips: THINGS YOU CAN DO THE NIGHT BEFORE
For working women:
- Pre-set your coffee maker. I like to wake up to the smell of coffee. Set out your mug, spoon and/or travel mug, too, while you’re at it.
- Think about breakfast. Set out as much of it as you can–including any meals, snacks or drinks you’re taking with you for the day.
- Pack your bag with your laptop, files, mail, etc. and leave it near the door along with anything else that needs to leave with you. Tab’s Tip: if you have ever forgotten your lunch in the fridge, leave your car keys in the fridge WITH it!
- Charge your phone.
- Check your calendar. Do you need to print out directions for a meeting? Do you need to write down the code for a conference call? I write it on a sticky note and put it in my day planner for reference.
- Set out your outfit, down to the underwear and jewelry. There’s nothing worse than scrambling for an errant earring or sock at the last minute.
- Think about dinner and make sure you have what you need–or make a grocery list (or plans for eating out!)
For busy moms:
- As CEO of your family, most of the above applies to you, too
- Set out breakfast, lunch and snack items for the kids
- Lay out your kids’ outfits (or have them do it themselves) WITH the shoes to avoid last-minute chaos.
- Pack up backpacks and leave them by the door.
- Look at your calendar and plan your day. Make a list of what needs to get done and map out where you need to be and when.
For ALL women…it’s also important to have a relaxing nightly routine and get a good night’s sleep.
For more ideas and inspiration, check out