Soooo many products, services and companies promise to help you “take it to the next level.”
I ask you…
should you take it to the next level?
“The next level” looks different for every entrepreneur and business owner. For me, the “next level” means adding more products and services (mostly digital), holding more events, getting more speaking gigs and, as a result, needing to hire help.
But I have learned that I don’t want to manage an assistant and I definitely don’t want to have to assemble and manage a team of people. As sweet as it looks when I admire a woman with a team of people working alongside her, I’ve come to accept that it’s just not for me.
There, I said it.
What about you?
Have you wanted to
- hire a business coach?
- start a blog?
- amp up your social media efforts and grow your online presence?
- start an email newsletter?
- grow your networking efforts?
- design a new website?
- create more streams of income?
- create more power partners?
- hire an assistant?
I’ve done almost all of the above at one time or another and I’ve never regretted it. I say GO FOR IT!
Just a few tips for you:
1. Only take it to the next level if you have the time, money and resources to do it well.
Do you really want to be committed to blogging regularly? Do you have the capacity to partner strategically with other people within your space? Can you afford a classy new website and do you want to spend the time creating content for it and branding it effectively? Make sure you know what you’re getting yourself into before you dive in.
2. Do ONE of the above and see it through before moving on to the next.
“Next level activities” shouldn’t be entered into lightly and they often snowball into something much larger than you imagined. That’s a good thing–as long as you can sustain it.
3. Design your snow ball.
I’d actually recommend that you go in the order I listed above and below (or find an order that works for you) because each one is foundational to the next.
- hire a business coach
- start a blog
- amp up your social media efforts and grow your online presence
- start an email newsletter
- grow your networking efforts
- design a new website
- create more streams of income
- create more power partners
- hire an assistant
4. Celebrate each new level. Enjoy what you’ve built and congratulate yourself!
5. Determine what level you want to achieve and learn from those who are already there.
Give yourself permission to take it slowly. Get mentors. Be teachable. And once you reach the level that is right for you, settle in, enjoy the view and become that mentor to other people.
What is your “next level?” What is your next step to getting there?
Do share on the TabithaDumas.com Facebook page, we’d love to hear!
I’d love for you to pin and share!