Yes, my bathroom scale says I have dropped 10 lbs. since the first of the year. Do you need to lose ten pounds?
I did it and you can, too!
Follow these ten easy steps:
1. Feel sluggish, foggy-headed, occasionally weak and sometimes nervous during most of the preceding holiday season.
2. Find that you can’t squeeze into your favorite skinny jeans anymore and that all your other pants are tight, too.
No joke, this was December 2013 and my skinny jeans were so tight that I had to go purchase this pair just to take the pictures!
3. Download the ebook “The Sugar Smart Diet: Stop Cravings and Lose Weight While Still Enjoying the Sweets You Love!” about kicking the sugar habit. Find it here: on Amazon
4. Realize that the daily granola bars, soda, juice, candy, cookies and Frosty indulgence were adding up. WAY up.
5. Remember your doctor nine years ago telling you to stop eating dairy and your doctor two years ago telling you that sugar is your enemy.
6. Visit a new naturopathic doctor who tells you that the bottom row of your nutritional pyramid should be “fats and protein.”
7. Change your eating habits–for good.
- Follow the book’s program for a month. Cut sugar completely for one week, add in small amounts of fruit for one week then gradually add in small amounts of sugar for the long haul.
- Bring back only 1 tsp. of sugar in your coffee every day plus a piece of dark chocolate and little other sugar.
- Stock up on healthy fats and protein (nuts, avocados, turkey).
- Eat more salads, cut almost all dairy, eat half sandwiches instead of full sandwiches (and only on sprouted bread) and drink almost ZERO calories every day.
- Have one serving of fruit per day. No more, no less.
- Pass on the Frosty, the donuts at the office party and the candy bar in the check-out lane because you know it’s not worth it to be sluggish and on edge again.
Some say “nothing tastes as good as thin feels” but I say, “Nothing tastes as good as FEELING GOOD feels!”
- buying pants again
- not having to camouflage your belly all the time
- not fielding the “Are you pregnant??” question anymore
9. Accept that you have discovered a new way of eating–and living. And, yes, without the donuts and sodas.
10. Presto–your skinny jeans fit again.
See? Anyone can do it!
On a serious note, my sugar cravings have almost disappeared but it did take a couple of months. My belly is so much flatter. I have less digestive issues, too. It hasn’t been easy but it has been worth it.
As an additional note, NO, I’m not exercising or working out–YET. I hope to soon.
I AM still “working out” a few minor glitches (your body has to adjust when you make several changes at once, however small) but I am happy with my progress so far.
Do you struggle with controlling your weight? Do you deal with sugar cravings? Do you have any tips or secrets to share?
Hop on over to Facebook to share.
You can also check out this more comprehensive post about how to Maintain Your Happy Weight on FanTABulous Women.